Ingrid Schultz – Frome Counselling Practice
I am a BACP registered and accredited senior counsellor and psychotherapist with more than 20 years of clinical experience.
I work with individuals and couples and support parents of children with mental health problems. My specialism is brief dynamic therapy.
Before becoming a counsellor I worked as a social worker in mental health. For over 12 years I was a GP counsellor in the NHS, as well as offering counselling in private practice.
Currently I am working in private practice as well as for a large counselling organisation. I am a qualified supervisor.
From 2009-2013 I had a career break. Since returning to counselling I have found that the break has enhanced and deepened my clinical work.
In addition I work as an adult education tutor. I deliver workshops about mental well-being and mindfulness.
Ingrid Schultz – Qualifications
- Diploma in Social work & social pedagogy, specialism: mental health.
- Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling) since 1991 Membership no: 00520527.
- Diploma in psychodynamic counselling (Westminster Pastoral Foundation, London 1995).
- Specialist training in: Counselling Assessment (1993), Brief dynamic therapy(1994), Working with couples (2003).
- Certificate in Supervision, (WPF Counselling, 2006).
- Registered by BACP since 2014.
- Accredited by BACP 1998-2009 and since 2016.
- Certificate in the study of the Couple Relationships (Tavistock Relationships 2019)
I adhere and I am strongly committed to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice (2018).
I believe in respecting the reality and individuality of each person, including their ability, their age, their beliefs, their cultural heritage, their gender and their sexual orientation.
I receive regular supervision from a senior colleague, I meet with other counsellors and I am committed to ongoing professional development.
I charge £48 for a 60 min session. I have never turned a client away due to lack of funds. Some lower fees may be available, if appropriate.
For couples I charge £65 for an initial assessment session (90 mins) & £55 for follow-up sessions (60 mins) .
Ingrid Schultz – Where and how I work
My consulting room is on the Bath side of Frome. It is on the ground floor and has a separate entrance. There are a couple of separate steps to get to it, which may be difficult for clients who use a wheelchair.
During the time of the pandemic, I also offer sessions remotely.